To succeed in business, a roadmap or Formula For Success in Business is the easiest way.
“Success” means different things to different people, and so no single formula would seem guaranteed to help everyone achieve it. But whatever your goal, certain general principles can guide you there. Here’s a quick list of elements every success plan should include:
• Vision. This isn’t so much the “what” (though that’s important) as the “why.” Be clear on the value of your objective, and you’ll be able to commit to it fully.
• Knowledge. Do your homework. Start by admitting what you don’t know; identify how you can get the knowledge you need, and don’t be afraid to ask for help.
• Planning. Take a step-by-step approach. You can’t become CEO in a day, for instance, so clarify exactly what your final outcome will look and feel like, and lay out specific activities that will lead you consistently forward.
• Action. All the planning in the world gets you nowhere if you don’t take that first step. Don’t wait for conditions to be absolutely perfect. Get going!
• Review. While moving forward, take some time to evaluate your progress. Chances are everything won’t flow in exactly the direction you hoped. Be ready to adapt and make changes as necessary.